Annual Public Hunting Permit Public Hunt Region 1: Panhandle
Many public hunting regions are located near population centers like Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston-Beaumont, San Antonio-Corpus Christi, etc.
Each public hunt region has a chart showing which animals may be hunted on each area.
Most areas support dove hunting.
Download the entire booklet here: 2014-2015 TPWD Map Booklet for Public Hunting Lands | PDF
- Region Map and All Hunts Offered | PDF
- 2455 Briscoe County: FM 1065 | Aerial map
- 2224 Collingsworth County: Wolf Creek | Aerial map
- 702 Cottle County: Matador WMA | Aerial map
- 751 Donley County: Taylor Lakes Unit - Playa Lakes WMA | Aerial map
- Floyd County Complex 1
- Floyd County Complex 2
- 2382 Floyd County: Mesquite Hill | Aerial map
- 2265 Hansford County: Miller's Lake | Aerial map
- 755 Hemphill County: Gene Howe WMA | Aerial map
- 706 Pat Murphy Unit - Gene Howe WMA | Aerial map
- 2497 Pep Northwest | Aerial map
- 2361 Lubbock/Hale Counties: Abernathy | Aerial map
- 2473 Terry/Lynn Counties: Pride Cemetery | Aerial map