What Lives in a Puddle?
Use a Milk Carton Viewer to find out!
What You Need:
- Milk or beverage container, any size
- Plastic wrap
- Strong rubberbands, big enough to go around your container
- Scissors to cut the container
- Cut off the bottom of a paper milk or juice carton, plastic milk jug or beverage container.
- Cut a piece of heavy plastic wrap big enough to cover the opening at the bottom of the container and about half way up the sides of the container.
- Use rubber bands to hold the plastic in place.
- Open up the top of the container so you can look through the top and out the bottom.
Go to your favorite pond, stream or puddle and stick your viewer part-way into the water. Look inside and you'll see inside into the water just like you were swimming in there! Look for bugs, tiny fish, and what's sitting on the bottom!