TPWD is committed to making this website accessible to the widest possible audience, including people using assistive technology, according to the standards set forth by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
In an effort to make our site universally accessible, we are testing our pages with web accessibility tools, on various platforms and browsers. Our guidelines call for:
- following current web standards for XHTML 1.0, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS2);
- avoiding use of animation material;
- testing in the most popular browsers used on the TPWD site (Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox);
- testing on wireless communication devices such as iPhones and Androids; and,
- using various accessibility checklists and guidelines, including those at W3C - Checklists.
Our latest PDFs produced with Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or higher may be accessible to some screen readers. However, the screen readers may encounter some problems if the PDF files include complex formatting, graphics or tables. Access Adobe is a free tool on the Adobe site where you can go to request conversion of a Web page to either HTML or plain text.
If you use assistive technology and the format of any material on our web sites interferes with your ability to access the information, please use the following point of contact for assistance: email@example.com
To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate:
- the nature of your accessibility problem;
- the preferred format in which you wish to receive the material;
- the Web address of the requested material; and,
- your contact information.
Additional information about accessibility programs in Texas are available from the Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities.
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services. Any request for reasonable accommodation needed for accessing information on the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Web site will be addressed. Contact us.
TPWD receives funds from the USFWS. TPWD prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, and gender, pursuant to state and federal law. To request an accommodation or obtain information in an alternative format, please contact TPWD on a Text Telephone (TDD) at (512) 389-8915 or by Relay Texas at 7-1-1 or (800) 735-2989. If you believe you have been discriminated against by TPWD, please contact TPWD or the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Office for Diversity and Workforce Management, 5275 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041.