Private Lands and Habitat Program
The goal of the Private Lands and Habitat Program is to provide advice and information to private landowners interested in the conservation and development of wildlife habitat on their property. We invite you to explore the opportunities, seek information, and select the options that will help you attain your land management goals.
TPWD may be able to lease your land for public hunting and other outdoor activities. To learn more:
Lease Your Land | PDFVoluntary Conservation Practices: Balancing Wildlife Conservation and Oil and Gas Development in the Eagle Ford Shale Region of South Texas.
TPWD Bulletin: Voluntary Conservation PracticesRead about balancing Wildlife Conservation and Oil and Gas Development in the Eagle Ford Shale Region of South Texas.
- Agricultural Tax Appraisal Based on Wildlife Management
- Farm Bill Provisions for Wildlife Management
- Landowner Incentive Program
- Landowner Liability
- Private Lands Publications and Forms
- Pastures for Upland Birds Program
- Wildlife Management on Private Lands
- Find a Wildlife Biologist
- Hunting and Wildlife Permits
- Newsletters: Insight From Local TPWD Experts In the Field
- AgriLife Extension Wildlife & Fisheries
- Prescribed Burn Associations in Texas
- Public Hunting and Access to TPWD Lands
- Texas Land Trusts
- TWIMS: Private Lands Assistance Application
- USFWS Partners for Fish and Wildlife Program
- Wildlife Management Associations of Texas
- Private Lands Data Confidentiality Q&As