- White-tailed Deer: January 5
- Turkey Youth-Only: January 17
- Duck/Falconry depending on county: January 26
- Light Goose depending on county: January 26
- Woodcock/Falconry: January 26
- Alligator depending on county: April 1
- Turkey depending on county: April 1
Just in time for the 2014-2015 hunting season, the Outdoor Annual has gone mobile! Afield or afloat, it's easy to access regulations on your iPhone, iPad or Android, even without internet service.
Here's the lowdown from TPWD experts on the prospects for deer, dove, waterfowl, quail, turkey, squirrel.
- Proper firearm handling.
- How to handle game meats.
- Recipes for venison, quail and dove.
If you are new to hunting and will be age 41 or younger this fall, you may need to take hunter education this summer. Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, must successfully complete a Hunter Education Training Course, or be accompanied while hunting. Minimum age of certification is 9 years of age.
Hunter education instructors are always needed. Help share the hunting legacy of conservation and sportsmanship by becoming a hunter education instructor. Find out more about joining the program.
Get the latest hunting updates.
Spotlight on Texas Parks & Wildlife
TPW Magazine Advertisers