2015 TPWD Statewide Public Hearings
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is recommending changes to next year’s hunting and fishing regulations, expanding upon the success of several resource management initiatives. The department is seeking comment on these proposed changes to the state’s hunting and fishing regulations during a series of public hearings. Each year, TPWD considers changes in hunting and fishing regulations to achieve resource management objectives and maximize outdoor recreation opportunities consistent with good stewardship. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission will make final decisions on the proposals.
The meeting schedule is not available at this time.
Recent News Releases Involving Public Comment
(Back One Year)
- Jan. 22, 2015 — TPWD Proposing Changes to Turkey Hunting Regulations
- Jan. 22, 2015 — TPWD Proposing Adjustments to Bass and Gar Fishing Regulations; Commercial Crab and Finfish Rules
- Oct. 9, 2014 — Public Meeting Planned for Bastrop County Wildfire Mitigation Projects
- Oct. 6, 2014 — Texas To Receive Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Restoration Funding
- April 17, 2014 — Public Comment Sought on Rules to Require Draining Water from Vessels on All Public Fresh Waters
- March 20, 2014 — Rules to Fight Zebra Mussels Take Effect in Additional Counties Sunday
- March 13, 2014 — Public Hearing Set for Proposed 160 Acre Public Artificial Reef Site
- March 4, 2014 — TPWD Adds Second Public Hearing in Corpus Christi on Proposing Seatrout Bag Limit Change
- Feb. 19, 2014 — Mule Deer, Squirrel Seasons Top Suite of Proposed Hunting Regulation Changes
- Feb. 19, 2014 — TPWD Proposing Seatrout Bag Limit Change, Gar Conservation Rules