- Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission Meeting Dates, Agendas and Transcripts — Appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Texas Senate, the commission adopts policies and rules to carry out all programs of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- TPWD News Releases Involving Public Comment
- Texas Register — A weekly publication, the Texas Register serves as the notice bulletin of state agency rulemaking. The Texas Register contains emergency, proposed, and adopted rules; notices of withdrawn and repealed rules; notices of rule review and other information submitted by state agencies for publication.
Comment on Proposed Regulations and Transactions
Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission
Appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Texas Senate, the commission adopts policies and rules to carry out all programs of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Every August, the Commission conducts an annual public hearing to receive input from our partners, stakeholders and constituents concerning any issues relating to Department policies, goals, programs, and responsibilities. Anyone who is interested in speaking to the Commission is encouraged to attend. Additional information on this and other public hearings is available at the links below.
Next Regular Commission Meeting
Learn more and comment online through 7 a.m. May 24, 2017.
Notice of Proposed Real Estate Transactions
- Acquisition of Land - Blanco County - Approximately 200 Acres at Pedernales Falls State Park
- Acquisition of Land - Aransas County - Approximately 1 Acre at Goose Island State Park
Learn more and comment online through 7 a.m. May 1, 2017.
Draft Environmental Assessment
Learn more and comment online through 8 a.m. April 26, 2017.
Recent News Releases Involving Public Comment
- March 9, 2017 — Public Meetings on Plans for Chinati Mountains SNA to be Held in West Texas and Austin
- March 3, 2017 — Inks Lake State Park Public Meeting on Future Development March 9
- Feb. 16, 2017 — TPWD Taking Comment on Proposed Hunting and Fishing Regulation Changes
- Jan. 30, 2017 — TPW Commission Approves Shad Collection and Sale Rules
- Jan. 27, 2017 — TPWD Releases Freshwater Fishing Regulation Proposals for 2017-18
- Jan. 26, 2017 — TPWD Unveils Hunting Season Regulation Proposals for 2017-18
- Jan. 25, 2017 — First Case of CWD Detected in Free-Ranging Texas Whitetail
- Jan. 2, 2017 — TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Shad Collection Rules
- Aug. 26, 2016 — U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Evaluating Houston Toad Safe Harbor Agreement
- Aug. 8, 2016 — TPWD to Host Public Meeting on Palo Pinto Mountains State Park
- Aug. 1, 2016 — TPWD Sets Public Hearings on Deer Movement Rule Proposals in Areas with CWD, animal diseases,
- July 6, 2016 — Texas Natural Resource Trustees Call for Gulf Restoration Project Proposals
- May 3, 2016 — TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Deer Movement Rules
- April 4, 2016 — Deepwater Horizon Trustees Settle with BP for Natural Resource Injuries to the Gulf of Mexico
- Feb. 24, 2016 — TPWD Taking Comment on Proposed Hunting and Fishing Regulation Changes
- Feb. 18, 2016 — 20 More Days of Dove Hunting Tops Slate of Proposed Regulation Changes
- Feb. 5, 2016 — TPWD Proposing Changes to Deer Hunting Regulations for 2016-17
- Feb. 2, 2016 — TPWD Proposing Changes to Bass and Catfish Fishing Regulations; Drum and Amberjack Size Limits
- Jan. 22, 2016 — Lone Star Lionfish Symposium Hosts Public Forum
- Nov. 12, 2015 — Anglers Invited to Comment on Proposed Tawakoni Catfish Regulation
- Oct. 5, 2015 — Deepwater Horizon Trustees Propose Comprehensive Restoration Plan for the Gulf of Mexico
- Oct. 2, 2015 — Bastrop State Park Begins Planning for Future Use of Golf Course Land
- July 16, 2015 — TPW Commission Holds Special Meeting on Chronic Wasting Disease
- July 14, 2015 — Catfish Anglers: TPWD Wants to Hear from You
- June 22, 2015 — Draft Catfish Management Plan Available for Review
- June 17, 2015 — Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Trustees Extend Public Comment Period on the Draft Phase IV Early Restoration Plan to July 6
- May 20, 2015 — Deepwater Horizon Trustees Invite Public Comment on 10 Proposed Early Restoration Gulf Projects
- April 20, 2015 — TPWD Taking Public Comment on Shrimp and Oyster Regulation Proposals
- April 20, 2015 — Deepwater Horizon Trustees Announce Agreement in Principle for Next 10 Early Restoration Projects
- March 26, 2015 — TPW Commission Adopts Turkey Hunting Regulation Changes
- March 26, 2015 — TPW Commission Adopts Changes in Fishing Regulations