State Park Reservations
(Internet or Phone)
- Check site availability
- Make or cancel reservations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- You must use a credit card to confirm reservations on the Web
- Group facilities, cabins and hotel rooms cannot be accessed via the web at this time.
- New - There is no longer a $3 administrative fee charged to make a web reservation
- More information on internet reservations
- Check site availability.
- Make/Cancel reservations Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (closed on major holidays)
- Use a credit card or send payment within 5 business.
- Use touch tone phone to check status or cancel reservations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- T.D.D. - A text only telecommunication device for the hearing impaired is available at 512/389-8915 (text machines only).
- Voice reservations can be made by calling 512/389-8900
As Texas State Park customers, you are very important to us. We have worked hard to install a system that allows you to make internet reservations at no charge.
Please let us know if you have encountered any problem in processing
your reservation. Please call our Customer Service Center (512) 389-8900
and select option 1, 4, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you do not receive an e-mail confirming your reservation, a reservation has not been secured. Please call the number above. .
Your communications will receive a response, although some of our return contacts may be delayed past our normal response time. Thank you for your patience.
Reservations are recommended for day and overnight facilities and some tours and activities. Popular sites are reserved months in advance, so early reservations are recommended.
During any single reservation call, you can make reservations 11 months (333 days) in advance for multiple sites and multiple parks (with no overlapping dates). We are now making reservations for arrival dates up to: 07-31-2015. Advanced reservations must be made at least 1 day prior to the date you wish to arrive. Reservations may be made on the Web up until 5:00 a.m. on the day of arrival. After that time, for arrival on the same day, call the park directly. If sites are available, a reservation can be made with a credit card (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa). The credit card will be charged the first nights stay. Reservations made the day of arrival at the park are not refundable.
As many as 300 reservations can be in progress at any given time. A site is not reserved until the confirmation payment has been made. It is possible that a site which showed to be available only a few seconds ago may be "booked out from under you" while you complete the reservation process.
- A payment is required in order to have a confirmed reservation.
- All reservations made 14 days or less from arrival to the park must have the first day/night’s facility fee paid with a credit card at the time of booking.
- For Cabins, Motel Rooms, Shelters and Camp Sites - payment of the first day's facility fee is required for each site reserved. This payment does not include the entrance fees, which are calculated upon arrival at the park.
- For Group Facilities of $100 or more per day - payment of the first day's facility fee is required within 5 business days of making the reservation. Fees for the entire stay are due no less than 60 days prior to the arrival at the park. This payment does not include the entrance fees, which are calculated upon arrival at the park.
- The Reservation Center and State Parks accept Discover, Visa and MasterCard for payment. Use of your credit card provides immediate confirmation of your reservation.
- If arrival date is more than 14 days away, you may pay by check or money order. The payment must be received within 5 business days from the date the reservation is made or it will be canceled automatically. Always write your personal ID number (assigned the first time a reservation is made) and the appropriate reservation number(s) on the check or money order. The address to send payment to is TPW Reservation Center, PO Box 17488, Austin, TX, 78760-7488
When canceling or transferring a confirmed reservation, the following apply:
- There is no administrative fee when a reservation is changed or cancelled, through the call center, the same day the reservation is made.
- Rates and fees are subject to change at any time. In the event of a change, fees in effect at the time a reservation is made will be honored as long as no changes are made to the reservation. Any changes to the original reservation will result in recalculating fees at the new rate.
- Cabins, Motel Rooms, Shelters and Camp Sites -
- If more than 3 days from day of arrival - refund will be given minus a $5 administrative fee per site plus any additional reservation charges.
- If less than 3 days from day of arrival - customer will lose the first day's payment on each site, plus any additional reservation charges.
- No refund is given, if no advance notification is received.
- Group Facilities of $100 or more per day -
- If more than 60 days from day of arrival - Refund will be given minus a $25 administrative fee per site plus any reservation charges.
- If less than 60 days from day of arrival - customer will lose the first day's payment on each site, plus any additional reservation charges.
- No refund is given, if no advance notification is received.
- There is no administrative fee when a confirmed reservation is extended by calling the Reservation Center. If any dates are dropped while extending a reservation, the customer will be charged the applicable administrative fee.
To ensure a smooth and efficient reservation process, please have the following information available:
- Home and work telephone numbers.
- Trailer or motor home lengths (if applicable).
- Discover, Visa or MasterCard information (if you are using this payment option).
- Paying by check? Your name, address and phone number must be on the check, as well as your Personal ID Number and all reservation numbers covered by the check. Mail to: T.P.W.D. Reservation Center, PO Box 17488, Austin, TX, 78760-7488
Capacity Limits - Determined at the local park. A per-person excess occupancy fee may be applicable.
Check-in Time - Normal check-in time is 2 p.m. for most campsites, 10 a.m. for group facilities, and 3 p.m. for cabins (5 p.m. guaranteed entrance.)
Check-out Time - Normal check-out time is 2 p.m. for most campsites, 11 a.m. for cabins, and 9 p.m. for Group Facilities.
Facilities Accessible to the Disabled - The Department is now retrofitting parks to meet the current Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
Parks Hours of Operation - Most park office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; some have varying schedules. Most camping parks close to day use at 10 p.m., at which time existing gates are closed. Call Park Information or the park to verify.
Special Functions - Some parks have designated areas or facilities appropriate for events such as meetings, social events and celebrations; use fees vary.
Site Requests - Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis upon arrival at the park and payment of all fees due. Sites may not be reserved by site number.
Empty Campsites - If a campsite appears to be vacant, it may be due to the fact that a guaranteed reservation has not been claimed. Always check in at the park office before attempting to occupy a site.
Reservation Center - A central location in Austin where reservations are accepted.
Reservation - When a facility has been reserved for a customer (1 campsite for 5 nights = 1 reservation; 5 campsites for 1 night = 5 reservations).
Confirmed (Guaranteed) Reservation - When the minimum payment on a reservation has been received.
Unconfirmed Reservation - When there is no money on a reservation or when a non-sufficient fund check or declined credit card has been received.
Cancellation - When a customer releases a reservation which allows the site to be reserved by someone else.
Late Arrivals with a Confirmed Reservation - A site will be held until 9 a.m. the morning following the confirmed arrival date. A call to the park is not necessary to hold a confirmed site for late arrival.
Late Arrivals with an Unconfirmed Reservation - The customer must call the park before 5 p.m. on the day of arrival if arrival will be after 5 p.m. If no prior arrangements have been made, unclaimed reservation(s) will be released at 5 p.m.
Transfer - Any change to a reservation's date of arrival, park location, length of stay, site type, etc.
Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Rules and Regulations.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Customer Service at
the Texas Parks and Wildlife Reservation Center at 512/389-8900 or Park Information
at 1-800-792-1112; select "3" and "3" (in Austin call
389-8950), 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; closed on major holidays.
You can also send us an e-mail at email@example.com.