Welcome to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's online job opportunities website.
Becoming an employee of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) means being a part of an organization that strives to serve the state of Texas, its citizens, and our employees with the highest standards of service, professionalism, fairness, courtesy, and respect.
We strive to attract and retain the best, brightest, and most talented workforce to successfully execute our mission. If you become a TPWD employee, you will have a full range of benefits available to you. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer retirement and medical benefits, paid vacation days, employee assistance programs, and deferred compensation plans.
Our mission is to manage and conserve the natural and cultural resources of Texas and to provide hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation opportunities for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
Our agency's Core Values:
- Stewardship: We are passionate about the natural and cultural resources of Texas, and we use our knowledge, supported by the best science, to manage and conserve those resources.
- Service: We are a community of public servants focused on delivering outstanding service to all of our stakeholders and customers. We strive to be responsive with a sincere desire to inform, educate and help.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in every aspect of fulfilling our mission while relying on research and sound science to adapt to ever changing environmental, economic and societal conditions.
- Integrity: We have a culture that strives to inspire and maintain trust on the basis of ethical decision-making. We are accountable for our actions and communications.
- Teamwork: We treat each other with respect and communicate often and openly to foster collaborate efforts. We appreciate the value of diverse backgrounds, expertise, ideas, and incorporate multiple perspectives in decision making and strategic actions.
Since our inception in 1895 as the Fish and Oyster Commission, and with the addition of the Game Department in 1907, we have grown into your Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Most of us work at our nearly 200 locations throughout the Lone Star State. Nearly all of our positions require that you have a high school diploma/GED and many require a BA/BS. To be considered as a candidate for a position, you must complete and submit an application by the deadline date. If applicable an official copy of your college transcript from an accredited institution may be required. A Career Opportunities Brochure is available with further job descriptions.
Top of Page