Deer Management Permits
NOTICE: Summary of TPWD Interim Deer Management Permits (DMP) Regulation Changes Related to CWD
Emergency interim rules effective October 5, 2015
- If deer originates from a TC3 facility, the DMP release site becomes a Class III Release Site.
- If deer originates from a TC2 facility, the DMP release site becomes a Class II Release Site.
- If a deer originates from a Tier 1 facility, the DMP release site becomes Class III Release Site.
- Release site requirements resulting from DMP go into effect the next hunting season.
- If a breeder buck returns to a breeding facility (i.e., not released) from a DMP facility of lower status, the breeding facility automatically assumes the numeric status of the DMP facility. For example, if a breeder deer is transferred to a TC 2 breeding facility from a Level 3 DMP facility, the breeding facility becomes a TC 3 breeding facility.
- Any breeder deer going to a DMP facility associated with a Class III release site must be tagged with an RFID or NUES tag.
If there is a conflict between these emergency interim rules and other information on the TPWD website or TWIMS pertaining to DMP regulations, then these emergency interim rules prevail.
- Deer Management Permit Application
- Deer Management Permit Information (PWD-1133B) (PDF 154.1 KB)
- Wildlife Division Districts and District Leaders
- Texas Administrative Code – Deer Management Permit – Section 65.131-65.138
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Code – Chapter 43, Subchapter R, Sections 43.601-43.607
For additional information on DMP program requirements, please call (512) 389-8212.