MLDPManaged Lands Deer Program
ATTENTION MLDP PARTICIPANTS
The new Land Management Assistance (LMA) online system that will be used to manage MLDP enrollment is expected to be available by July 1, and will be announced once available. Please note that to accommodate the development schedule for the LMA system, the deadline to apply for enrollment in the new MLDP Conservation Option has been extended to August 1, 2017 during this initial transition period only. The Harvest Option enrollment deadline remains September 1, 2017. Thank you for your patience.
About MLDPThe Managed Lands Deer Program (MLDP) is intended to foster and support sound management and stewardship of native wildlife and wildlife habitats on private lands in Texas. Deer harvest is an important aspect of habitat management and conservation. Landowners enrolled in either the MLDP Harvest Option or Conservation Option are able to take advantage of extended season lengths and liberalized harvest opportunities.
- MLDP participation is completely voluntary. Once enrolled, program participants must meet MLDP requirements for the full year of enrollment. Download the MLDP Information document for detailed program information and requirements.
- Applicants seeking to enroll in either the MLDP Harvest or Conservation Option must complete an application through Texas Parks & Wildlife Department's Land Management Assistance (LMA) online system (coming soon). The application will require the landowner to create an account and draw a property boundary. An email address is required for the landowner and any designated agents the landowner may assign to the account.
- Open enrollment for the Harvest Option (HO) is available from May 15 – September 1. HO enrollment must be requested each year.
- An applicant may apply for enrollment in the Conservation Option (CO) at any time, but must apply by the June 15 preceding the hunting season for which tag issuance is sought. CO enrolled properties will be automatically renewed for participation in future seasons if all reporting requirements are satisfied.
- The deadline to withdraw from MLDP participation is September 15 of each year. The applicant must formally withdraw from MLDP through the department's LMA online system. If the applicant fails to withdraw from MLDP by the deadline, no deer harvest may occur on the enrolled property except in accordance with MLDP rules during the enrollment year.