Surplus Property Advertisements to Public Entities
The following guidelines apply during the 10-day SPA advertisement period. Remember only state agencies, political subdivisions and assistance organizations are eligible to purchase state surplus items during this 10-day SPA advertisement period. Purchase requests from private individuals will not be honored during this 10-day period.
Although the State Surplus Property Listing is updated daily, TPWD updates the listing with new surplus property items at different times during a month. During this time the state agencies, political subdivisions, or assistance organizations may coordinate directly with TPWD for a direct transfer or sale of the property at a price established by TPWD.
Important Facts to Know
- All sales or transfers are handled on a "first-come, first-served" basis unless a competing request is received from a state agency on the same business day. In these rare instances, priority is given to the state agency.
- The department will not hold items or equipment for purchase at a later date.
- State Agencies, political subdivision, or assistance organizations are encouraged to inspect the condition of the item to his/her satisfaction before making a purchase commitment.
- Once a purchase decision is made, the entity must submit in writing a request to purchase or transfer property they are requesting to TPWD. The request must include intended use of the property being requested and for assistance organizations TFC letter of approval as a qualified assistance organization.
- TPWD will accept email or a faxed request for direct transfer or purchased of a surplus item until 8 A.M. on the first business day after the 10-day advertising period ends.
- Any email or faxed request received prior to the start of the first business advertising day will not be honored.
- Each email or fax must include a letter of intent to purchase or transfer on the entity’s letterhead, intended use of the requested property and a signature of the authorized representative. For assistance organizations, TFC letter of approval must be submitted along with the request letter. Failure to provide this information will exclude your request from consideration.
- Intent to purchase or transfer letters must be faxed to (512) 389-4692.
- TPWD will acknowledge all approved sales or transfers in writing.
- TPWD reserves the right to cancel or suspend a transfer or sale if there is a need for the equipment by the state.
- A State Certificate of Acquisition form will be completed prior to removal of property.
- Any items that do not sell during the advertisement period will be sold either through a public auction or direct sale from the Texas Facilities Commission storefront Austin location.