Twin Buttes Reservoir
Public Access Facilities
Entry Permit Required
Beginning September 1, 2016, the Twin Buttes recreation area is under a Public Hunting Lease with Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. To fish, hike, camp, or picnic in this area, persons 17 years and older will need a Limited Public Use permit ($12/year) or the Annual Public Hunting permit ($48, which also includes hunting). These permits are sold on a license-year schedule, expiring August 31.
The map below shows boat launch locations. Some are usable only when the lake is full. Others are available under low water conditions. Boat ramps are operated by San Angelo Parks & Recreation (325) 277-8766. Primitive camping is limited to shore areas immediately adjacent to designated roads. Camping is also available nearby at San Angelo State Park. For more details, choose a point on the map.
- Located off US 67, 3.75 miles west of Loop 306 in San Angelo
- One-lane concrete boat ramp
- Located off US 67; turn onto park road and pass entrance to marina ramp.
- Three-lane boat ramp
- A low-water ramp is located just to the northeast at N 31° 22.446', W 100° 33.089'.
- Located between lake pools where Knickerbocker Road crosses channel
- Two 2-lane boat ramps, north and south of road crossing
- Launch from shore at appropriate water levels