Chaparral WMA: Camping (CWMA)
Phone: (830) 676-3413
Fax: (830) 676-3493
South Texas Ecosystem Project Office
64 Chaparral WMA Dr.
Cotulla, TX 78014
Stephen Lange, Area Manager
Dates Open: Open year round except closed to the general public when public hunts are conducted. General Public Use is allowed uninterrupted from April 1 through August 31 each spring and summer. Contact area manager for additional dates or special events. Public Hunts are available annually by special permit, regular permit, and annual permit.
Area Biologists: Sarah Resendez, Daniel Walker
Registration is required.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
A campground with pull through sites is available for those with generators. There are no electrical or water hookups available. Other campgrounds are available for hunters during hunting season. Restrooms and drinking water are available only at the primitive campground.