Golden Alga News Releases
- April 1, 2015 — Catfish, Striped Bass Stand Out in Possum Kingdom Fish Surveys
- Oct. 17, 2012 — Largemouth Bass at Lake Sweetwater: Feast or Famine?
- Feb. 17, 2012 — Brady Creek Lake Hit with Golden Alga Bloom
- March 10, 2011 — Golden Alga Fish Kill on Lake Granbury Spreads Downriver
- Feb. 14, 2011 — Possum Kingdom Fishery Bounces Back
- April 20, 2010 — Golden Alga Impacts Two Central Texas Reservoirs
- May 27, 2009 — Potentially Toxic Algal Species Confirmed in South Texas
- March 26, 2007 — Golden Alga Responsible for Fish Kill on Pecos River
- Dec. 27, 2006 — Golden Alga Back in Texas
- April 25, 2005 — TPWD Schedules Public Meetings About Golden Alga
- Feb. 1, 2005 — Golden Alga Surfacing, TPWD Steps Up Monitoring Efforts
- Jan. 5, 2005 — Golden Alga Blooms Causing Problems on Lake Granbury
- March 22, 2004 — Golden Alga Hits Lake Texoma, Remains Active Elsewhere
- Jan. 29, 2004 — Fish Kill Near Lake Texoma Tied to Golden Alga
- Nov. 3, 2003 - Experts Target Harmful Golden Algal Blooms
- Feb. 17, 2003 - Golden Algal Blooms Active in Four Texas River Systems
- Nov. 25, 2002 - International Conference Topics Include Algae Found in Texas
- Sept. 10, 2001 - State Taking Steps To Combat Golden Algae
- May 21, 2001 - Golden Alga Wipes Out TPW Hatchery Striper Production
- Golden Mystery, Texas Parks & Wildlife May 2004
- Toxic Blooms, Chihuahuan Desert Discovery Winter 1991
- Report Kills - If you see a fish kill or suspect golden alga, contact one of TPWD's 24-hour communications centers at 512-389-4848 (Austin) or 281-842-8100 (La Porte).
- Get the Facts - TPWD has collaborated with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and other entities to produce a golden alga information card. Download a PDF from the TCEQ website or request a free hard copy from TPWD at firstname.lastname@example.org.