The Texas Boater Education Program stresses boating safety and responsibility, including:
- tips on choosing the right boat
- legal requirements for your boat
- navigation rules and aids
- getting underway, docking, anchoring and trailering
- handling accidents and emergencies
- basic water safety
- fire on board
- water sports
- and more!
Boating courses are taught by US Coast Guard Auxiliary, US Power Squadron and trained volunteer instructors, as well as teachers, and game wardens.
With more and more people enjoying the lakes and rivers every year, it's important, for everyone, that boaters educate themselves on boating skills and seamanship.
Important note: Many boat insurance companies now offer discounts upon successful completion of the boater education course!