Note: This item is more than 12 years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
Nominations Sought for Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame
ATHENS, Texas — Each year Texans have a chance to nominate their favorite fishing icon for consideration as an inductee to the Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame. Nominations are now being accepted and will be until Feb. 20.
The Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame, housed at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center in Athens, honors legendary anglers, fisheries professionals and organizations who have made a lasting contribution to freshwater fishing in Texas. One nominee will be chosen by an independent selection committee and formally inducted during the annual Hall of Fame Banquet in May. The new inductee will join a legendary group of fishing Hall of Famers including Floyd Mabry, Jackie Hewlett, R.D. Hull, Bob Kemp, Nick Creme, Sugar Ferris, Leonard Ranne, Earl Golding, Kathy Magers, the Sabine River Authority and Skeeter Boats.
The rules are simple. The public may nominate any Texas resident, living or deceased, who has made a lasting beneficial impact on freshwater fishing or fisheries management in Texas. Texas-based organizations and Texas offices of national organizations are also eligible.
Nominations may be submitted in any of the following categories:
- Legislative/state or federal agency
- Fishing or tackle industry
To submit a nomination:
- Obtain an official nomination form available from (http://tpwd.texas.gov/fish/infish/) or from the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center by calling (903) 676-2277.
- Complete the nomination form and mail it to the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame, c/o Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, 5550 FM 2495, Athens, Texas 75752, or fax to (903) 676-3474.
- Deadline for nominations is Feb. 20. Nomination forms postmarked after that date will not be accepted.
- Include copies of supporting documentation (testimonials, videos, photos, samples, etc.)
- Nomination forms and all materials submitted with them become the property of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and will not be returned.
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.