Note: This item is more than eight months old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
TPWD Taking Comment on Proposed Hunting and Fishing Regulation Changes
Online Resources Available for Public Input, Webinar Set for March 3
AUSTIN – The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is seeking public comment on proposed changes to the state’s hunting and fishing regulations for 2016-17.
Access to the online resources, including details on these proposals and options to provide public comment, can be found at http://tpwd.texas.gov/business/feedback/public_comment/.
Learn more and make comments about specific proposals at these public hearings around the state. All meetings begin at 7 p.m.
- March 1 — Emory: Emory City Centre, 329 N. Texas St. (Texas 19), Emory.
- March 2 — Beaumont/Port Arthur: Jefferson County Courthouse, 1149 Pearl St., Beaumont.
- March 2 — Ellis County Sub Courthouse, 207 Sonoma Trail, Ennis.
- March 7 — Tahoka: City Hall Meeting Room, 1807 Main St., Tahoka.
- March 8 — Groesbeck: Groesbeck Convention Center, 106 E. Navasota St., Groesbeck.
- March 9 — Cameron: Bea’s Kitchen, 101 E. Main St., Cameron.
The hearings in Emory and Beaumont will focus on proposed changes to fishing regulations, primarily those for freshwater. The remainder of the hearings will focus on proposed changes to deer and migratory game bird hunting regulations.
In addition, a live online public hearing via webinar will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 3. Details and instructions for participation in the webinar will be available on the TPWD website home page on the day of the event.
Public comment will also be taken at the March 24 meeting of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission at TPWD headquarters in Austin before the Commission votes on proposed changes.
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to email@example.com and mention Plain Text Pages.