Presenter: Ann Bright
Commission Agenda Item No. 3
Designation of Nonprofit Partners
I. Executive Summary: Staff will present for consideration, a resolution adding nonprofit partners to the current Closely Related Nonprofit Partners and General Nonprofit Partners lists and deleting partners from these lists.
II. Discussion: Texas Parks and Wildlife Code, Section 11.202, authorizes the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to "select and cooperate with nonprofit partners to serve the Department's goals." The Department must obtain Commission approval of each nonprofit organization to be designated as a nonprofit partner. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation was previously designated as the Department's Official Nonprofit Partner. Closely Related Nonprofit Partners are nonprofit partners that exist primarily to support a specific Department property, facility, or program. Closely related nonprofit partners include, but are not limited to, friends groups associated with a specific department facility. All other nonprofit partners are considered General Nonprofit Partners.
III. Recommendation: The following motion is recommended:
"The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission adopts by resolution (Exhibit A) the additions and deletions to the Closely Related Nonprofit Partners (Exhibit B) and General Nonprofit Partners (Exhibit C) lists."
Attachments - 3
A Resolution by the State of Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission
Adopting Nonprofit Partners
Whereas, the Department maintains beneficial relationships with numerous nonprofit partners as defined in Parks and Wildlife Code §11.201;
Whereas, the Department must maintain Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission approval of all nonprofit partners selected;
Whereas, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission shall require the nonprofit partner to comply with guidelines adopted by the Commission;
Now, therefore, be it resolved by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission that the additions and deletions to the Closely Related Nonprofit Partners and General Nonprofit Partners lists are hereby adopted.
In official recognition of the adoption of this resolution in a lawfully called public meeting of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission, we hereby affix our signatures this 22nd day of May 2008.
Peter M. Holt, Chairman
T. Dan Friedkin, Vice-Chairman
Mark E. Bivins, Member
J. Robert Brown, Member
Ralph H. Duggins, Member
Antonio Falcon, M.D., Member
Karen J. Hixon, Member
Margaret Martin, Member
John D. Parker, Member
Closely Related Nonprofit Partners
- Friends of Abilene State Park
- Friends of Casa Navarro
- United Supporters for Eisenhower's Birthplace
- Old Fort Griffin Memorial Regiment
- Old Fort Lancaster Regiment
- Friends of Fort McKavett State Historic Park
- Friends of Fulton Mansion State Historic Park
- Friends of Landmark Inn
- Casa Magoffin Companeros
- Rusk-Palestine Partners
- Friends of Maxey House
- Friends of Starr Home
- Friends of the Texas State Railroad
- Tyler Bicycle Club
- Varner-Hogg Volunteer Organization
General Nonprofit Partners
- Black Bear Conservation Committee
- Friends of the Brazos River
- Native Plant Society of Texas
- RISE Adventures, Inc.
- Texas Field Archery Association
- Texas Rivers Protection Association
- Alligator Farmers Association
- Bell County Juvenile Probation
- Chaparral Rails to Trails, Inc.
- Crosstimbers Trailblazers
- Davis Mountains Trans-Pecos Heritage Association
- Freshwater Anglers Association
- Fossil Rim Foundation
- Sportsman's Conservationist of Texas