Alligator Permits & Reports
Alligator Farmer Permit: Authorizes a person to hold one or more live alligators in captivity for commercial purposes including the selling of alligator eggs, hide, meat or other parts of an alligator.
Alligator Import Permit: Entitles person to import alligators into Texas (including alligator eggs or alligator parts). Available at all license sale locations.
Alligator Export Permit: Authorizes a farmer to export live alligators. Available at the J.D. Murphee WMA Port Arthur Office.
- How to become an Alligator Farmer (PWD 1433) (PDF 649.7 KB)
- Alligator Import Permit (PWD 0307) (PDF 25.4 KB)
- Alligator Farmer Quarterly Report (PWD 0371) (PDF 406.4 KB)
- Alligator Transaction Report (PWD 0306) (PDF 27.8 KB)
- Alligator Farmer Egg Collection Report (PWD 0371A) (PDF 406.9 KB)
- Alligator Farmer Hide Tag Request (PWD 0372) (PDF 406.1 KB)
- Alligator Nest Stamp Report (PWD 0455) (PDF 404.3 KB)
- Landowner's Affidavit - Alligator Hide Tags (PWD 0373A) (PDF 60.5 KB)
- Landowner's Affidavit - Alligator Nest Stamps PWD 0455A) (PDF 60.5 KB)
- Texas Annual Alligator Survey Form (PWD 0373B) (PDF 127.7 KB)
Alligator Nuisance Control Permittee
Nuisance Control Permittees are allowed to contract directly with landowners for the removal of nuisance alligators. The permittee is allowed to retain captured alligators and process or sell them. Prospective permittees will be required to attend a training course and pass an exam to assess their knowledge of proper alligator control techniques.
The complainant shall first contact the TPWD Law Enforcement Dispatcher in La Porte, TX, who will issue the complainant a case number, assuming the situation is not determined to be an emergency. Emergency situations will be handled by TPWD Law Enforcement personnel and certain circumstances in which the NCP will respond. NOTE: A permittee shall not respond to a nuisance alligator complaint without first receiving the case number from the complainant. If the complainant does not have a case number, the the nuisance control permittee shall refer the complainant to the Law Enforcement Communication Center in La Porte (281) 842-8100.
- Nuisance Control Permittee Contact Information (PWD 0051B) (PDF 63.4 KB)
- Nuisance Alligator Report and Log (PWD 0305) (PDF 447.9 KB)
- Nuisance Permittee Quarterly/Transactions Report (PWD 0306A) (PDF 57 KB)
- Individual Alligator Hide Tag Report (PWD 0304) (PDF 25 KB)
- Non-Core Alligator Hide Tag Report (PWD 0304A) (PDF 19.3 KB)
- Application and Receipt for Alligator Hide Tags (PWD 0369) (PDF 288.3 KB)
- Alligator Hide Tag Report (PWD 0370) (PDF 404.1 KB)
- Alligator Parts Label (PWD 0373) (PDF 39.4 KB)
- Nuisance Control Protocol for Alligators (PWD 2066) (PDF 1.2 MB)