Alazan Bayou WMA
Phone: (936) 569-8547
8096 FM 2782
Nacogdoches, TX 75964
Robert "Bob" Baker
Dates Open: Open year round.
The Alazan Bayou WMA has 2,063 acres located in southern Nacogdoches County. The WMA was purchased in 1991 to preserve mature bottomland hardwood forests adjacent to the Angelina River. In addition to the Angelina River other significant drainages include Loco Bayou and Moral Creek. The bottomland forest typically begins to flood during mid winter as the river and bayous overbank and inundation continues through early spring. Hunting is permitted with an Annual Public Hunting Permit (APH) and some special permit hunts may be offered. Check the Outdoor Annual and the Public Hunting Lands Maps Booklet for information on methods, species, seasons and bag limits.
- Bring your own drinking water.
- Insect repellant is recommended for mosquitoes.
- High heat and humidity in the summer should be taken into consideration when planning a visit.
- There are no restroom facilities.
- The WMA is not wheel-chair accessible.
- Primitive camping is available.