Old Sabine Bottom (WMA)
Phone: (903) 881-8233
Fax: (903) 882-9093
21187 CR 4106
Lindale, TX 75771
Dates Open: Open year round, except closed for Special Permit hunts.
DescriptionSpecial notice: Main road on area is open to the check station. Access to the area is by walk in, FM 1804, and the river.
The Old Sabine Bottom WMA has 5,158 acres located north of Tyler in Smith County. The area is five miles northeast of Lindale. The WMA is bounded on the west by FM 1804 and meanders between the Old Sabine River Channel and the Sabine River. The Area has mostly bottomland harwood habitat containing large stands of hardwoods such as oak, elm and ash, and a diverse mixture of understory vegetation. Depending on the annual conditions, the Area maintains fair populations of squirrels, waterfowl, deer, hogs and turkey.
- Bring your own drinking water.
- There are no restroom facilities.
- Camping is available at Tyler State Park ((903) 597-5338), subject to park entrance and camping fees.
- Insect repellant is recommended for mosquitos.
- Caution: Watch for venomous snakes. Poison Ivy should be avoided.
- Very wet conditions may occur, rubber boots may be needed.