- Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll, 1865.
- Nature Tourism in the Lone Star State: Economic Opportunities in Nature, A Report from the Governor's Task Force on Texas Nature Tourism, 1995.
- American Birding Association Survey, 1993.
- U.S. Travel Data Center and Texas Economic Development, Tourism Division.
- 2001 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife-Associated Recreation, U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service and U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C., 2002.
- National Survey on Recreation and the Environment (NSRE): 2000-2001, The Interagency National Survey Consortium, Coordinated by the USDA Forest Service, Recreation, Wilderness, and Demographics Trends Research Group, Athens, GA, and the Human Dimensions Research Laboratory, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN.
- High Island: A Case Study in Avitourism. Birding 25: 415-420. Eubanks, T., P. Kerlinger and R. H. Payne, 1993.
- Eubanks, T., P. Kerlinger and R.H. Payne. Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley Wildlife Watching Surveys, 1999.
- Avitourism in Texas, Eubanks, T. and J. Stoll. Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Contract #44467, 1999.