South Texas Plains Region Week of August 15, 2018
- Water murky. Black bass are fair on crankbaits and dark soft plastic worms. Striped bass are fair on liver and shad off points. Redfish are fair downrigging near the jetty and dam. Channel catfish are good on shrimp, cut bait, and cheesebait near the dam. Blue catfish are fair on cut bait.
- Water murky. Black bass are slow. Striped bass are good on chicken livers and shad along the shoreline. Redfish are good down rigging silver and gold spoons and live bait near the dam in 10–20 feet. Channel and blue catfish are fair on liver, cheesebait, shrimp, and shad near the railroad trestle and 181 Cove. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Choke Canyon
- Water stained; 87–91 degrees; 28.07' low. Black bass are fair on small white/chartreuse spinnerbaits, watermelon crankbaits, and pumpkin Whacky Sticks with chartreuse tails along main lake points. White bass are slow. Crappie are slow. Channel catfish are good on live bait. Yellow and blue catfish are good on live bait upriver.
- Coleto Creek
- Water clear; 104 degrees at the hot water discharge, 89–93 degrees in main lake; 3.39' low. Black bass are fair on pumpkinseed soft plastics and spinnerbaits over grass beds in 6–10 feet. White bass are slow. Crappie are slow. Channel and blue catfish are good on trotlines and droplines baited with live perch and goldfish in 10–14 feet. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Corpus Christi Lake
- Water off color; 86–91 degrees; 4.21' low. Black bass are fair to good on Whopper Ploppers topwaters early, later switching to Senkos, Texas rigs and jigs. White bass are fair to good on Little Georges. Crappie are fair on live minnows and jigs. Catfish are fair to good on nightcrawlers and live shad.
- Water murky; 89–93 degrees; 38.63' low. Black bass are good on Brush Hogs and shallow running crankbaits. Striped bass are slow. Crappie are slow. Channel and blue catfish are very good on stinkbait. Yellow catfish are slow. Everyone in a boat must have a Mexico fishing license (if fishing the Mexico side) whether fishing or not.
- Water stained; 87–93 degrees; 1.35' low. Black bass are fair to good on Texas rigs, weightless Senkos and wacky rigs. Crappie are fair on live minnows. Catfish are fair to good on nightcrawlers and cut bait.
To prevent the spread of zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters. Get details.