South Texas Plains Region Week of September 20, 2019
- FAIR. Water stained; 83–87 degrees; Largemouth bass are fair on popper topwater tackle early, and plastic worms. Crappie are fair with weighted jigs. White bass are fair on minnows. Striped Bass are fair on jigs and live shad. Smallmouth bass are fair on white grubs and jigs. Catfish are fair on live bait.
- Choke Canyon
- FAIR. Water stained; 84–89 degrees; 16.22' low. Largemouth bass that are good in shallow water on frogs, topwaters, and shallow bass jigs. White bass are slow. Crappie are slow. All catfish are good on live bait in 5–15 feet.
- Corpus Christi Lake
- GOOD. Water stained; 78–85 degrees; 1.81' low. Largemouth bass are good on Carolina rigs, spinners and crankbaits. White bass are fair on live shad. Crappie are fair to good on live minnows and jigs. Catfish are fair to good on stinkbait, live or dead shad.
- FAIR. Water stained; 85–90 degrees; 35.00' low. Largemouth bass are fair on soft plastic worms, spinners and bass jigs. Smaller spinnerbaits in shallower water has also been successful. Crappie are slow. Channel and blue catfish are great on cut bait, and stinkbait. Remember to stay on the Texas side unless you possess a Mexican Fishing License.
- GOOD. Water stained; 79–86 degrees; 3.74' low. Largemouth bass are good on most reeled baits, and Texas rigs. Crappie are fair on jigs. Catfish are fair to good on cut bait and live bait.
To prevent the spread of zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters. Get details.