South Texas Plains Region Week of July 17, 2019
- Water stained. Black bass are fair on watermelon crankbaits and spinnerbaits near the dam. Striped bass are fair on silver and gold spoons near the dam. Redfish are good on perch and shad near the jetty. Channel and blue catfish are good on shrimp and stinkbait near the hot water discharge. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Water stained. Black bass are fair on chartreuse/black crankbaits and spinnerbaits. Striped bass are fair on silver striper jigs near the crappie wall. Redfish are good on live bait near the dam. Channel catfish are good on stinkbait and shad near the railroad trestle. Blue catfish are fair on live bait and cut bait. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Choke Canyon
- Water stained; 84–88 degrees; 14.68' low. Black bass are fair on shad colored crankbaits and watermelon soft plastic worms. Crappie are fair on minnows. Drum are slow. Channel and blue catfish are good on stinkbait and prepared bait in 5–15 feet. Yellow catfish are fair on trotlines baited with live perch.
- Coleto Creek
- Water stained; 80 degrees in the main lake, 102 degrees at the hot water discharge, 87–91 degrees in main lake; 0.71' low. Black bass are fair on pumpkinseed soft plastics, spinnerbaits, and crankbaits in
- Corpus Christi Lake
- Water off color; 79–86 degrees; 0.18' low. Black bass are good on Texas rigs, Carolina rigs and medium diving crankbaits. White bass are fair to good on live shad and slabs. Crappie are fair to good on live minnows and jigs. Catfish are fair to good on nightcrawlers and live or dead shad.
- Water stained; 88–92 degrees; 31.70' low. Black bass are good on watermelon and June bug jigs in 8–12 feet. Striped bass are slow. Crappie are good on minnows and green tube jigs. Channel and blue catfish are good on cut bait and frozen shrimp. Yellow catfish are slow. Everyone in a boat must have a Mexico fishing license (if fishing the Mexico side) whether fishing or not.
- Water stained; 79–86 degrees; 1.24' low. Black bass are fair to good on Texas rigs and squarebill crankbaits. Crappie are fair on live minnows and jigs. Catfish are fair to good on nightcrawlers and cut bait.
To prevent the spread of zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters. Get details.