South Texas Plains Region Week of May 25, 2022
- GOOD. Water stained, 88 degrees. Red drum are good in 10-25 feet of water on live perch, crawfish and shrimp, and around the recreational shoreline points in 5-15 feet of water with long casts. Largemouth bass are good around reed beds on dark colored soft plastics, watermelon, red jigs and spinners. Channel catfish are fair in coves and around reed beds at night on live perch, worms and cheese bait.
- FAIR. Water stained, 86 degrees. Red drum continue to be fair around the boat ramp areas on live perch and frozen shrimp. Boaters trolling with spoons or using bait in 20 feet of water seeing the best results. Blue and channel catfish are fair on cutbait, live perch, and cheese bait. Largemouth bass are slow. Hybrid stripers are slow. Yellow catfish no report.
- Choke Canyon
- GOOD. Water stained; 75 degrees; 20.52 feet low. Bass are very good shallow in 5-8 feet of water in the grass using crankbaits and chatterbaits, and deeper on the lower end with crankbaits. Crappie are very good with limits over brush piles using live minnows and jigs. White bass are good on jigging spoons on humps near the dam and road beds. Catfish are good on cheese bait. Report by Charles Whited, Barefoot Fishing Tours.
- Corpus Christi Lake
- GOOD. 80 degrees; 5.55 feet below. Gar are good in 4-6 feet of water and big blue catfish. Catfish are good in 10-15 feet of water on cheese bait, worms, soap baits, shad, and perch. Largemouth bass are fair in 5-10 feet of water near structure on crankbaits, rattletraps, and jigs. White bass are good in 10-15 feet of water on small spoons and live minnows. Crappie are good in 5-10 feet of water on minnows and jigs near structure. Freshwater drums are good in 5-10 feet of water on shrimp and worms. Report provided by Damian Hubbs, Mathis Bait Co.
- GOOD. Water stained; 75 degrees; 42.65 feet low. Catfish and gar are good at the backs of creeks using tilapia and cut carp. Bow fishing is producing as well. Report by Ram Reyes, Texas Kings Outdoors.
- FAIR. Water stained; 77 degrees; 2.15 feet low. Bass are good with crankbaits, spinners off the edges of grass. Crappie are good on main lake brush piles, and submerged structures using minnows and jigs. Catfish are good throughout the lake on liver perch, cut bait and juglines.
Zebra Mussel Alert To prevent the spread of zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters. Get details.