South Texas Plains Region Week of June 13, 2018
- Water murky. Black bass are fair on crankbaits and dark soft plastics in reeds. Striped bass are fair on liver and perch off points near the pier. Redfish are good on perch, shad, and silver spoons. Channel and blue catfish are good on shrimp, cheesebait, cut bait, and liver. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Water murky. Black bass are slow. Striped bass are good on spoons and striper jigs near the crappie wall. Redfish are good on live perch, tilapia, and crawfish. Channel catfish are fair on liver, shrimp, cheesebait, and shad. Blue catfish are slow. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Choke Canyon
- Water stained; 81–85 degrees; 26.63' low. Black bass are fair on chartreuse crankbaits and pumpkinseed lizards and spinnerbaits. White bass are slow. Crappie are fair on minnows. Drum are fair on nightcrawlers and spoons. Channel and blue catfish are good on punchbait. Yellow catfish are fair on cut bait.
- Coleto Creek
- Water clear; 101 degrees at the hot water discharge, 85 degrees in main lake; 2.91' low. Black bass are good on watermelon soft plastics and spinnerbaits in 6–8 feet. White bass are slow. Crappie are fair on minnows and white tube jigs in 10–12 feet. Channel and blue catfish are good on trotlines baited with perch in 10–12 feet. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Corpus Christi Lake
- Water off color; 80–88 degrees; 3.51' low. Black bass are good on topwaters early, later switching to Texas rigs and jigs. White bass are fair to good on Little Georges. Crappie are fair to good on minnows and jigs. Catfish are fair to good on nightcrawlers and live shad.
- Water murky; 84–88 degrees; 36.70' low. Black bass are good on deep running crankbaits and fair on Carolina rigged soft plastics. Striped bass are slow. Channel and blue catfish are excellent on cut bait and stinkbait in the river. Yellow catfish are slow. Everyone in a boat must have a Mexico fishing license (if fishing the Mexico side) whether fishing or not.
- Water stained; 82–89 degrees; 5.07' low. Black bass are fair to good on Zara Spooks, Texas rigs and short Carolina rigs. Crappie are fair on live minnows. Catfish are fair to good on nightcrawlers and cut bait.
To prevent the spread of zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters. Get details.