South Texas Plains Region Week of April 18, 2018
- Water murky. Black bass are good on spinnerbaits and Rat–L–Traps near the dam. Striped bass are fair down rigging silver and gold spoons and marble spinnerbaits near the dam. Redfish are fair on perch, shad, tilapia, crawfish, and shrimp near Dead Tree Point. Channel catfish are good on liver, shrimp, cheesebait, and cut bait near the dam. Blue catfish are fair on cut bait.
- Water murky. Black bass are slow. Striped bass are fair on cut perch and shad along the shoreline. Redfish are fair down rigging silver spoons near the dam. Channel and blue catfish are slow. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Choke Canyon
- Water stained; 76–80 degrees; 25.66' low. Black bass are fair on swimbaits and Texas rigged soft plastic lizards. White bass are slow. Crappie are good on minnows and fair on jigs under lights at night. Drum are slow. Channel and blue catfish are good on punchbait. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Coleto Creek
- Water clear; 98 degrees at the hot water discharge, 79 degrees in main lake; 1.58' low. Black bass are good on soft plastics and spinnerbaits in 6–10 feet. White bass are slow. Crappie are slow. Channel and blue catfish are fair on live perch in 8–10 feet. Yellow catfish are slow.
- Corpus Christi Lake
- Water off color; 68–73 degrees; 1.88' low. Black bass are good on Senkos, Texas rigs and red Rat–L–Traps. White bass are fair to good on Little Georges. Crappie are fair to good on minnows and jigs. Catfish are fair to good on nightcrawlers and live shad.
- Water murky; 77–81 degrees; 27.32' low. Black bass are good on watermelon red Brush Hogs, soft plastic worms, and spinnerbaits. Striped bass are slow. Crappie are slow. Channel and blue catfish are good on frozen shrimp, stinkbait, and cut bait. Yellow catfish are slow. Everyone in a boat must have a Mexico fishing license (if fishing the Mexico side) whether fishing or not.
- Water stained; 68–74 degrees; 2.92' low. Black bass are fair on Texas rig and shallow running crankbaits. Crappie are fair on live minnows. Catfish are fair to good on nightcrawlers and cut bait.
To prevent the spread of zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters. Get details.