State Park Reservations
(Internet or Phone)
- Check site availability
- Make or cancel reservations 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Use a credit card to confirm reservations on the Web
- Group facilities, cabins and hotel rooms cannot be reserved via the Web
- Tips and more information on Internet reservations
Make a Telephone Reservation
- Call (512) 389-8900.
- Check site availability.
- Make or cancel reservations Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (closed on major holidays).
- Use a credit card or mail payment within five business days.
- Use touch tone phone to check status or cancel reservations 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- T.D.D. - A text-only telecommunication device for the hearing impaired is available at (512) 389-8915 (text machines only).
- Tips and more information on telephone reservations.
If you have trouble making a reservation, call our Customer Service Center at (512) 389-8900 and select option 1, 4, or e-mail email@example.com.
Note: If you do not receive an e-mail confirming your reservation, you do not have a reservation. Please call the number above.
Make a Reservation
We recommend reservations for day and overnight facilities and some tours and activities. Popular sites book up months in advance; reserve those sites early.
With one call, you can make reservations 11 months (333 days) in advance for multiple sites and parks (with no overlapping dates). We are now making reservations for arrival dates up to: 01-09-2017.
Make reservations at least one day prior to your arrival date. You can make reservations on the Web until 5 a.m. on the day of arrival. After that time, for arrival that day, call the park directly. If sites are available, make a reservation with a credit card (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa). We will charge your credit card for the first night's stay. Reservations made the day of arrival at the park are not refundable.
Note: As many as 300 reservations can be in progress in our system at a time. Your payment reserves a site. A site which was available only a few seconds ago may be "booked out from under you" before you complete the reservation process.
- We require payment to confirm (guarantee) a reservation.
- All reservations made 14 days or less from arrival at the park must have the first day/night's facility fee paid with a credit card at the time of booking.
- For cabins, motel rooms, shelters and campsites: We require payment of the first day's facility fee for each site reserved. This does not include entrance fees, which we calculate when you arrive at the park.
- For group facilities ($100 or more per day): We require payment of the first day's facility fee within five business days of making the reservation. Fees for the entire stay are due no less than 60 days before your reservation date. This does not include entrance fees, which we calculate when you arrive at the park.
- We accept Discover, Visa and MasterCard. Using your credit card confirms your reservation immediately.
- If your arrival date is more than 14 days away, you may pay by check or money order. We must receive payment within five business days of the date you made the reservation or we will cancel it automatically. Write your personal ID number (assigned the first time you make a reservation) and the appropriate reservation number(s) on the check or money order. Send payment to TPWD Customer Service Center, P.O. Box 17488, Austin, TX 78760-7488.
When you cancel, transfer or extend a confirmed reservation, the following apply:
- If you change or cancel a reservation through the Customer Service Center on the same day you make the reservation, we will not charge an administrative fee.
- Rates and fees are subject to change at any time. If fees change, we will honor the fees in effect when you made the reservation as long as you do not make changes to the reservation. If you make changes, we will apply the new fees.
- Cabin, motel room, shelter and campsite cancellations -
- If more than three days from day of arrival: We will refund your payment minus a $5 administrative fee per site plus any other reservation charges.
- If less than three days from day of arrival: You will lose the first day's payment on each site, plus any other reservation charges.
- With no advance notification: We will not issue a refund.
- Group facility ($100 or more per day) cancellations -
- If more than 60 days from day of arrival: We will refund your payment minus a $25 administrative fee per site plus any reservation charges.
- If less than 60 days from day of arrival: You will lose the first day's payment on each site, plus any other reservation charges.
- With no advance notification: We will not issue a refund.
- If you extend a confirmed reservation through the Customer Service Center, we will not charge an administrative fee. If you drop any dates while extending a reservation, we will charge an administrative fee.
Before making a reservation, please gather:
- Home and work telephone numbers
- Trailer or motor home lengths (if applicable)
- Credit card: Discover, Visa or MasterCard
- Check: Your name, address and phone number must be on the check, as well as your Personal ID Number and all reservation numbers covered by the check. Mail to: TPWD Customer Service Center, P.O. Box 17488, Austin, TX 78760-7488
Capacity Limits - Determined at the local park. A per-person excess occupancy fee may apply.
Check-in Time - Normal check-in time is 2 p.m. for most campsites, 10 a.m. for group facilities, and 3 p.m. for cabins (5 p.m. guaranteed entrance.).
Check-out Time - Normal check-out time is 2 p.m. for most campsites, 11 a.m. for cabins, and 9 p.m. for group facilities.
Facilities Accessible to the Disabled - The department is now retrofitting parks to meet the current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
Parks Hours - Most park office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; but some vary. Most parks close to day use at 10 p.m., and gates are closed. Call Park Information or the park to verify.
Special Functions - Some parks have designated areas or facilities for meetings, social events and celebrations; use fees vary.
Site Requests - Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the park. You may not reserve sites by number. The exception is Lake Livingston State Park, where you can reserve specific sites on one camping loop.
Empty Campsites - Sometimes an empty campsite has been paid for but not occupied. Always check at the park office before occupying a site.
Customer Service Center - Our central location in Austin where we make reservations
Reservation - When a facility has been reserved for a customer (one campsite for five nights = one reservation; five campsites for one night = five reservations)
Confirmed (Guaranteed) Reservation - When we have received the minimum payment on a reservation
Unconfirmed Reservation - When no payment has been made on a reservation, or when the customer’s payment was returned (check) or declined (credit card)
Cancellation - When a customer cancels a reservation which allows the site to be reserved by someone else
Late Arrivals with a Confirmed Reservation - A site will be held until 9 a.m. the morning following the confirmed arrival date. The customer does not need to call the park.
Late Arrivals with an Unconfirmed Reservation - The customer must call the park before 5 p.m. on the day of arrival if arrival will be after 5 p.m. If no prior arrangements have been made, unclaimed reservation(s) will be released at 5 p.m.
Transfer - Any change to a reservation's date of arrival, park location, length of stay, site type, etc.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the TPWD Customer Service Center at (512) 389-8900 or Park Information at (800) 792-11121 and select "3" and "3" (in Austin call 389-8950), 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed on major holidays). Or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.