- John Bunker Sands Wetland Center and Rosewood Ranches Receives Texas Leopold Conservation Award
- Gulf Shrimp Season Closing on Sunday, May 15, 2022
- El Cierre de la Temporada de Camarón del Golfo será el 15 de mayo de 2022
Bigger better bass!
A new era of Toyota ShareLunker is underway! The year-round season began Jan. 1, and anglers who catch a bass that's at least 8 lbs. or 24" can enter their catch online or in the ShareLunker app. Participants will receive a catch kit, achievement decal, ShareLunker gear, and entry into a drawing for prizes including a $5,000 shopping spree!
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
San Pedro Ranch, Winter Trout, Texas Quail
A rich ranching history is sustained on the San Pedro Ranch, where management decisions are made to make the most of every raindrop. Winter stocking of rainbow trout in the Guadalupe River is a much-anticipated annual event. See how habitat loss has impacted all four quail species in the state and learn what's being done to keep quail healthy.
The Hunt For the Bat Falcon
When a new species shows up, birders race to catch a glimpse.“Pull over! Pull over!” My heart thumping, I quickly steer the car off the road and turn into the entrance of the Rio Grande Valley's Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, where a rare raptor has recently been sighted.
Protect the Lakes You Love
Invasive species like giant salvinia and zebra mussels can ruin fishing, boating and swimming for everyone. You can't always tell if a lake is infested with invasive species, and even a small piece left on your boat or gear can infest another lake. That's why it's so important to always clean drain and dry your boat, trailer and gear before traveling from lake to lake.