- Lake Brownwood, Medina Lake, and Inks Lake Now Fully “Infested” with Zebra Mussels
- New Program Expands Fishing Access across Texas, Supports Freshwater Fish Habitat Projects
- Game Warden Field Notes
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
Explore Texas State Parks & Historic Sites
Texas state parks are becoming more popular than ever. Here's a sampler of places where you can get away from it all. Start at South Llano River State Park where tubing the river or biking the trails go hand in hand. At Fort Richardson State Park & Historic Site you can relive the early days of frontier Texas. Relax beneath the tall pines at Huntsville State Park and end the day by the campfire.
Protect the Lakes You Love
Invasive species like giant salvinia and zebra mussels can ruin fishing, boating and swimming for everyone. You can't always tell if a lake is infested with invasive species, and even a small piece left on your boat or gear can infest another lake. That's why it's so important to always clean drain and dry your boat, trailer and gear before traveling from lake to lake.
The perfect gift for dads, grads and iPads!
Give graduating family and friends, and all the dads in your life, a gift subscription to the award-winning Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine. In addition to 10 issues that bring the outdoors to life, your gift includes a 200+ page Texas State Travel Guide and Map.