- Annual Guppy Cup Celebrates National Hunting and Fishing Day the Galveston Way
- Texas Celebrates National Hunting and Fishing Day with Launch of New R3 Initiative
- Biologists Say White-Tailed Deer Population Looks Strong Ahead of Archery-Only Season Opener
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
Lake Mineral Wells Trailway, Field to Fork, Razing Cane
Where trains once traveled, hikers and bikers now reign, on a protected pathway connecting Weatherford and Mineral Wells. Follow Noah Rudino, a health and nutrition enthusiast, as he hunts for the first time for his food. Texas rivers and streams are under attack. The invasive Giant Reed threatens pretty much every river system in the state, but biologists are fighting back.
50 years of hunter education in Texas.
Let's celebrate! With the passage of the Dingell-Hart Amendment in 1972 and the original Pittman-Robertson Act of 1937, funding from federal excise taxes on handguns and archery equipment was made available to states to fund hunter safety education and target range development projects.
Protect the Lakes You Love
Invasive species like giant salvinia and zebra mussels can ruin fishing, boating and swimming for everyone. You can't always tell if a lake is infested with invasive species, and even a small piece left on your boat or gear can infest another lake. That's why it's so important to always clean drain and dry your boat, trailer and gear before traveling from lake to lake.