- Park Rangers Statewide Recognized for World Ranger Day
- Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame Nominations Accepted Through Nov. 1
- Red Snapper Season Closes in Federal Waters Aug. 5
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
Rookery Island, Fishing's Future Founder, Durable Design
Several species of colonial water birds are on the decline in Texas. In Nueces Bay, biologists are working to save eroding bird nesting islands. Shane Wilson is the founder of the non-profit organization Fishing's Future, which is devoted to strengthening family bonds through fishing. See what the Gulf Coast DesignLab at the University of Texas at Austin is building in parks along the coast.
Home Sweet Home
State park visitors who long to extend their stay for more than a day have a variety of options when it comes to sleeping over. If you're not a fan of tent camping, don't despair — options at Texas state parks range from the comfort of Indian Lodge to the still-pretty-primitive screened shelters. What lies in between?
Protect the Lakes You Love
Invasive species like giant salvinia and zebra mussels can ruin fishing, boating and swimming for everyone. You can't always tell if a lake is infested with invasive species, and even a small piece left on your boat or gear can infest another lake. That's why it's so important to always clean drain and dry your boat, trailer and gear before traveling from lake to lake.