- Public Access Lease for Guadalupe River Trout Fishing is Open
- Bring Texas State Parks Home for the Holidays with an Ornament, Souvenirs from the new Online Store
- La Tradición de Texas de Reabastecer con Trucha Arcoíris Inicia el 24 de Noviembre
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
Racing Down a River & Loggerhead Shrikes
Paddle from San Marcos to the Gulf of Mexico, down 260 miles of river, and experience what is called the World's Toughest Canoe Race. The loggerhead shrike is a different sort of songbird, with some brutal dining habits, but it seems to have found a comfortable home in one suburban park.
25 Years in 25 Pictures
Twenty-five years can seem like either a lifetime or a blink of the eye, depending on your perspective. For me, after a quarter-century as Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine's photographer, it's a time span measured by the number of miles driven, sets of truck tires replaced, sunrises and sunsets witnessed, and faces and landscapes captured for posterity.
Protect the Lakes You Love
Invasive species like giant salvinia and zebra mussels can ruin fishing, boating and swimming for everyone. You can't always tell if a lake is infested with invasive species, and even a small piece left on your boat or gear can infest another lake. That's why it's so important to always clean drain and dry your boat, trailer and gear before traveling from lake to lake.
More Than Big Bucks
At the Texas Big Game Awards, it's great to harvest a huge trophy, but the real winner is wildlife conservation. “Yeah, but nothing's ever gonna top that crazy mule deer of David's back in 2001,” one hunter tells the others gathered around the post-hunt campfire, vainly attempting to use his fingers and some broken twigs to describe the nontypical antlers.