Matador WMA: Camping
Phone: (806) 492-3405
3036 FM 3256
Paducah, TX 79248
Dates Open: Year round.
Exception: Entire Area Closed for Special Permit Hunts
Connect with the Matador WMA on Facebook.
Download the latest Matador WMA Newsletter - Fall 2014
Registration is required.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
The Matador WMA has two primitive camping areas for the use of our guests. Campers are welcome to set up camp anywhere within these designated campgrounds, but backcountry camping is not permitted. Campers should be aware that with the exception of a pit restroom, no hookups or amenities of any kind are available.
We recommend that all campers bring plenty of drinking water and cook stoves, since drought conditions often mandate a no fire policy.
When campfires are permitted, campers are welcome to collect fallen wood on-site. No cutting of firewood is allowed
There is no fee for camping on the WMA, but all campers must check in and out at the registration building and possess an Annual Public Hunting (APH) Permit or Limited Public Use (LPU) Permit. Please see the rules and regulations concerning camping.