TPWD Sets Statewide Public Hearings
Feb. 21, 2012
Steve Lightfoot, 512-389-4701, email@example.com
Note: This item is more than eight years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
AUSTIN — The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is recommending changes to next year’s hunting and fishing regulations. The department is seeking comment on these proposed changes to the state’s hunting and fishing regulations during a series of public hearings.
Each year, TPWD considers changes in hunting and fishing regulations to achieve resource management objectives and maximize outdoor recreation opportunities consistent with good stewardship.
The public is encouraged to attend public meetings in their area and provide comment on proposed changes. The TPW Commission will make final rulemaking at its March 28-29 public hearing in Austin.
The proposed amendments are published in the Feb. 17, 2012 edition of the Texas Register, available online at http://www.sos.state.tx.us/texreg/index.shtml.
Public comment on proposed changes may be made in writing to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Statewide Hunting and Fishing Proclamation Public Comment, 4200 Smith School Road, Austin, Texas 78744. Comments may also be submitted via the department’s website at http://tpwd.texas.gov/business/feedback/public_comment/ or through the following resource points of contact:
- Robert Macdonald (Wildlife) at (512) 389-4775; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ken Kurzawski (Inland Fisheries) at (512) 389-4591, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Art Morris (Coastal Fisheries) at (361) 825-3356, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TPWD Public Hearing Calendar
All meetings are open to the public and begin at 7 p.m.
- Beaumont, Holiday Inn & Suites, 3950 I-10 South.
- Denison, Center for Workplace Learning (Room #111), 6101 Grayson Drive.
- Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches Co. Courthouse Annex, 203 West Main.
- San Antonio, Lions Field Adult Center, 2809 Broadway.
- Dickinson, TPWD Dickinson Lab, 1502 FM 517 East (Pine Drive).
- Fort Worth, Kennedale High School, Gymnasium, 901 Wildcat Way, Kennedale.
- Marshall, Lions Community Center, 1201 Louisiana Street.
- Port Isabel, Port Isabel Community Center, 213 Yturria.
- Houston, Sheldon Lake State Park, Regional Headquarters Classroom, 14200 Garrett Road.
- McKinney, Myers Park & Event Center, 7117 County Road 166.
- New Boston, Bowie County Courthouse (2nd floor), 710 James Bowie Drive.