Texas Parks and Wildlife Social Media Comment and Privacy Guidelines
We maintain the discretion to remove comments that:
- Contain obscene or profane language;
- Contain threats or defamatory statements;
- Contain derogatory speech related to characteristics protected by state and federal anti-discrimination laws;
- Contain confidential information;
- Promote or endorse commercial services or products; (Note that non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic or another comment may be acceptable);
- Promote a political candidate;
- Are unrelated to the topic being discussed;
- Are of a repetitive or “spamming” nature (e.g., the same comment posted multiple times); and/or
- Are otherwise illegal.
The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official views of Texas Parks and Wildlife or the Texas state government.
Only public information is permitted to be posted by employees of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) on TPWD social media websites. If communication that takes place on TPWD social media sites involves or requires certain personal identifying information, like an address or personal email address, communication will be redirected through other appropriate channels. Postings on TPWD social media sites are public records and may be subject to public information requests. For more information about public information requests, please review the Open Records webpage.
TPWD personnel will generally attempt to obtain permission before posting a member of the public’s name on TPWD social media sites. TPWD personnel will not post other personal identifying information on those sites (excluding information that has been publicly distributed). TPWD is not responsible for content posted by others to TPWD social media sites. Users that provide their personal identifying information on TPWD social media sites do so at their own risk; TPWD is not responsible for the public display of any identifying information for any individual that is entered by the public. TPWD may remove postings to its social media sites that contain personal identifiable information, but neither TPWD nor its contractors or agents are responsible for any damages caused by non-removal or delays in removal.
View the Texas Parks and Wildlife website Privacy and Security Policies.
Terms of Service
TPWD social media sites are third-party sites and have terms of service and policies that are not governed by TPWD or the State of Texas. These third-party sites are not official TPWD websites, and a third party’s website terms of service and policies apply to their use. The terms of service for the social media sites used by TPWD can generally be found below: