2014 Farm Bill Programs
Voluntary Public Access & Habitat Incentive Program (VPA-HIP)
Purpose of Program
- The purpose of the Voluntary Public Access and Habitat Incentive Program is to improve public access for hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation on private lands through leases with willing landowners.
- Private land, preferably with huntable wildlife populations or fishable stretches of rivers.
Contracts and Cost-Share
- Annual rental agreement rates and lengths will be negotiated with willing landowners based on the quality and location of property and the recreational opportunities that it can provide.
- Cost share for habitat improvement is also available.
- VPA-HIP is run by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
Texas Parks & Wildlife Department's Private Lands Leasing Biologist
Phone: (979) 696-4148
- Boaters and anglers interested in TPWD’s river access program can find more information at: tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/rivers.
- Hunters interested in TPWD’s public access program can find more information at: tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt/public.