Lifetime License Drawing Official Rules
License Year 2021-2022
- The Lifetime License Drawing prize package includes a Lifetime Super Combo License and a 1-year subscription to Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine. Only Texas residents are eligible to win and receive the Lifetime Hunting and Fishing License Drawing prize package.
- Current employees of Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) and Gordon Darby and their immediate family members are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for or win the Lifetime License Drawing. “Immediate family” is defined as any persons related by kinship, marriage, or adoption that live in the same household, as well as spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age or older to purchase entries.
- Entries are $5 if purchased online, by phone or at a license retailer (phone and online purchases require an additional per transaction administrative fee of $5). Applicants may purchase as many entries and enter as often as they wish.
- Entries may be purchased by any of the following methods:
- Online at www.tpwd.state.tx.us/buy/
- By visiting any of approximately 1,800 retail establishments that sell Texas hunting and fishing licenses.
- By calling toll-free 1-800-TX LIC 4 U (1-800-895-4248). You can pay with Discover, Mastercard or Visa.
- Entries may be purchased for others but will require the person's name, address, date-of-birth, and social security number as applicable. A winner may also transfer the prize to a friend or family member.
- It is not necessary to possess a Texas hunting or fishing license in order to purchase an entry for the Lifetime License Drawing. Prize recipients must abide by all applicable Texas hunting and fishing laws and regulations.
- One winner will be drawn on each of the following dates:
- October 1, 2021 (entry deadline is 11:59 PM on September 30)
- November 1, 2021 (entry deadline is 11:59 PM on October 31)
- December 1, 2021 (entry deadline is 11:59 PM on November 30)
All entries from August 15, 2021 - September 30, 2021 and October 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021 that are not selected as winners will be rolled over to the drawing on December 1, 2021. The last day to purchase an entry for this license year's drawing is November 30, 2021.
Winners will be notified within one (1) week following the entry deadline. A winner has thirty (30) days after notification to accept the Lifetime License package and/or transfer the license as described below. Otherwise, the package will be offered to the next alternate selected in the drawing.
- With a signed and notarized transfer form, a winner may transfer, but may not sell, the Lifetime Super Combo License.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law.
- TPWD reserves the right to use the names of, photographs of, and quotes from the winners and/or prize recipients in departmental publications, video presentations, on its website, and/or or for other TPWD purposes.
- As part of the Lifetime License Drawing prize package, all applicable federal taxes associated with the winnings are included as part of the prize package and will be paid on the recipient's behalf by TPWD. In accordance with the Internal Revenue Service requirements, Lifetime License Drawing prize recipients will be required to file appropriate income tax forms as part of their personal tax returns. Prize recipients should consult their tax professional for how this will impact their personal tax situation.