- Serves 4
- 4 boneless and skinless duck breasts cut into 1" cubes
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1 cup Mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP honey
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 green onions, greens sliced thinly, whites cut into ½" pieces
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Boil the Mirin, soy sauce, sugar, honey and garlic until reduced by one half.
Start a medium fire or preheat a grill. Toss the cubed breast meat in the oil. Thread the duck breast cubes, alternating with the white parts of the onions onto 8 skewers.
Grill on one side, then turn, basting with the sauce. Continue grilling the skewers and basting until browned and the meat is firm, but still a little pink inside, about 12 minutes total.
Serve with rice, green onions, pickled radishes and any leftover sauce on the side.
From "Afield: A Chef's Guide to Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish"
By Jesse Griffiths
Copyright ©2012 Welcome Enterprises, Inc.
Text ©2012 by Jesse Griffiths