- 8 large green chilies, roasted, peeled and de-seeded
- 1 pound feral hog pan sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup cooked diced potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup Salsa - you pick the flavor
In a medium casserole dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray, lay out 4 of the green chilies to cover the bottom.
Put 1/2 of the cheese over the chilies.
Add sausage, potatoes and spoon the salsa over the top, pour eggs over mixture, top with the remaining chilies and the rest of the cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
By Patrick Mullin
Patrick Mullin is an award-winning wild game chef and is the Co-host of T.J. Greaney’s highly acclaimed Texas Outdoor Zone radio show in Austin, Texas. He is a prolific writer who specializes in outdoor cooking with his monthly column “The Camp Cook” appearing in the award-winning Texas lifestyle magazine Country Line Magazine.