Intern With a Texas Game Warden This Summer; Applications due March 27
March 9, 2020
Media Contact: TPWD News, Business Hours, 512-389-8030
Note: This item is more than 10 months old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
AUSTIN— University students looking for a paid summer internship have the opportunity to gain hands-on job experience assisting Texas Game Wardens with patrols. There are nine slots available in various regions of the state and selected applicants will be able to learn about the various job duties of a game warden during the 10-week internship.
The internship, which runs from May 19 through July 26, will require students to assist for 20 hours per week on weekends.
- San Angelo – 1 Available Position
- Fort Worth – 1 Available Position
- Lufkin – 1 Available Position
- Lubbock – 1 Available Position (Job Posting Pending)
- Temple – 1 Available Position
- Upper Coastal Counties – 2 Available Positions (Duty Station Options Include: Chambers, Galveston, Harris, Orange, Jefferson, Fort Bend, Matagorda, Brazoria)
- Lower Coastal Counties – 2 Available Positions (Duty Station Options Include: Cameron, Hidalgo, Nueces, San Patricio, Kenedy, Kleberg, Willacy, Refugio, Aransas, Calhoun, Jackson, Victoria)
Applicants should consider that lodging is not provided before applying.
Minimum requirements for this internship include current enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited college or university or recent graduate within the last 6 months, minimum of 18 completed semester credit hours from an accredited college or university at time of application, an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 grade point scale and a valid state driver’s license.
Salary depends on the total credit hours of the applicant and ranges from $12-$13.50 per hour.
To apply for internships with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, visit the job listing webpage on the TPWD website.
For more information, contact Game Warden Recruiter Kevin Malonson at 832-904-3672.