Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Wildlife Diversity Permits
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744
Wildlife Diversity Permits: Falconry Permits
There are three levels of falconry permits: apprentice, general and master. All falconers must have proper facilities and federal and state permits before possessing a bird. Apprentice falconers must practice the sport under a general or master level sponsor for two years before upgrading to general class. Apprentice falconers must capture their birds from the wild; general and master level falconers can obtain birds through a breeding project or from another falconer.
Raptor Propagation: These permits authorize raising birds of prey for use in the sport of falconry. Permittees must have at least five years of experience in the sport and adequate facilities to house breeding birds.
Nonresident Raptor Trapper: This permit allows falconers who have current resident-state and federal falconry permits to come to Texas and trap a bird of prey during the trapping season.
- Application for Raptor Propagator Permit | Word
- Application for Non-Resident Raptor Trapping Permit | Word
- Falconry overview | PDF
- Falconry Permit application | Word
- Non-resident application for Peregrine Trapping Permit | PDF
- Notice regarding access to falconry customer information | PDF
- Resident application for Peregrine Trapping Permit | PDF
- Online 3-186 System FAQ | PDF
- Online 3-186 System Instructions | PDF
- Statement of sponsor | Word
- Texas Administrative Code Regulations for Raptor Proclamations