Enhanced Course Part 2: Field Course Requirements
You will be required to bring your quiz results from the TPWD or IHEA course or voucher or certificate from other approved online options. No matter which option you choose, you must still attend the Field Course and pay the $15 fee to receive your final certification.
The required Field Course includes a skills trail, live firing exercise, ethics presentation, review and final exam. The Field Course is completed in one day. You must pre-register for this course with the instructor to reserve a seat and find out class details, such as location and hours.
Upon arrival at the test site:
- Show printed results from Part 1 to the instructor (Quiz Results, Voucher or Certificate).
- Complete a student registration form.
- Pay the $15 state fee to the instructor.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude while completing the Field Course subjects: ethics and responsible hunting, regulations, hunter skills trail and live firing exercise. (Honorably discharged or active military are exempt from live fire exercises only)
- Take the written exam and score at least 80% correct to pass.
- Upon successful completion of Parts 1 and 2 of the Online and Field Courses, you will receive a temporary Texas Hunter Education student card. Your instructor will send in the originals for processing. You may legally hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and your temporary student certification card. Your permanent Texas Hunter Education certification card will be mailed within a few weeks. More questions? Check our FAQ page.