Lake Brownwood State Park
Things to Do
Activities include picnicking, camping, hiking (2.5 miles of hiking trails and a 0.5-mile nature trail), boating (motors allowed), water skiing (jet skis allowed), fishing, nature study, swimming (in an unsupervised swimming area), and bird-watching. We loan fishing equipment for use in the park.
- Use the Interactive Trails Map for a virtual tour of the park trails
- Detailed fishing and lake information for Lake Brownwood
- Swimming safety tips
The park offers a variety of educational opportunities. Check the calendar for upcoming events or contact the park for special tours.
Get more information on the Civilian Conservation Corps, which helped develop this park and numerous others over 70 years ago, by visiting our CCC page that includes the interactive online exhibits and education resource, “The Look of Nature: Designing Texas State Parks During the Great Depression” and “A New Deal for Texas Parks."
- Interpretive Guide to Lake Brownwood State Park
- Birds of Lake Brownwood State Park: A Field Checklist
- Ask about the Junior Ranger Explorer Packs available for free checkout at the park
Nearby points of interest in Brownwood include Howard Payne University and Douglas McArthur Academy of Freedom, Camp Bowie Memorial Park, Coleman City Park, Camp Colorado Museum Replica, Rattlesnake Roundup (March), and Brown County Rodeo (July).