Dove Season Checklist
Everything You Need to Know for Dove Season
- This $7 Endorsement is required to hunt any migratory game bird (waterfowl, coot, rail, gallinule, snipe, dove, sandhill crane and woodcock).
Harvest Information Program (HIP) Certification
- This free certification is obtained when you purchase your new license and takes only a few minutes to complete.
- HIP is used by TPWD & USFWS to generate reliable estimates of hunting activity and the number of all migratory game birds harvested throughout the country.
- Learn more about the Harvest Information Program.
Proof of Hunter Education
- Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after September 2, 1971, must successfully complete a Hunter Education Training Course and must carry proof of completion while hunting.
- If you have completed Hunter Education in Texas and need proof of completion, you can print a duplicate card online.
- There are 3 course options to complete Hunter Education in Texas.
- Dove season consists of a North Zone, Central Zone, South Zone and, as of 2017, Special White-winged dove days in the South Zone.
- Season dates may vary by zone.
- Know how to identify legal game birds and protected species.
- The TPWD Public Hunting Program includes over 1 million acres located throughout Texas. Find information on property owned by TPWD as well as acreage leased by the department from other state and federal agencies, forest products industries, and other cooperating private landowners.
- Access is provided by the $48 Annual Public Hunting (APH) Permit.
- Summary of Hunting & Fishing Regulations.
- Available in print, online or mobile app.