Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Private Lands and Habitat Program
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744
Agriculture Property Tax Conversion for Wildlife Management
Guidelines for Qualification
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidelines for Qualification of Agricultural Land in Wildlife Management Use PDF
Rules and Standards
- A Handbook of Texas Property Tax Rules
- Legal Summary of Wildlife Management Use Appraisal
- Standards For Qualification Of Land For Appraisal Based On Wildlife Management Use
- Texas Administrative Code: Rules for Wildlife Management Use
Wildlife Appraisal Regions by County
Wildlife Management Planning Guidelines and Forms
The Comprehensive Wildlife Management Planning Guidelines for each ecoregion are provided below and are intended to assist landowners in preparing a wildlife management plan for ad valorem tax purposes.
- Edwards Plateau and Cross Timbers & Prairies
- Gulf Prairies and Marshes
- High Plains and Rolling Plains
- Post Oak Savannah and Blackland Prairie
- South Texas Plains
- Wildlife Management Plan for agricultural tax valuation (PWD-885) PDF
- Wildlife Management Plan for agricultural tax valuation (PWD-885) WORD (fillable)
Use this form to submit your wildlife management plan to your county Central Appraisal District. DO NOT send this form to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- Wildlife Management Annual Report (PWD-888) PDF for county tax office.
- Wildlife Management Annual Report (PWD-888) WORD for county tax office. (fillable)
- Use this form to report your wildlife management activities, if required, to your county's chief appraiser. This form is not intended for use by landowners who are either updating their wildlife management plans, or applying for the wildlife tax appraisal. DO NOT send this form to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.