- Official Media Advisory: Public Meetings in Panhandle to Discuss Assistance Programs Aiding in Preservation of Texas Kangaroo Rat
- Chronic Wasting Disease Detected at Kerr Wildlife Management Area Captive Deer Research Facility
- Ring in the Holidays with Texas State Parks
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
Outdoor Inspiration, Shield Ranch & 3rd Generation Warden
Cole Johnson may be legally blind, but he doesn't let his disability slow him down. At the Shield Ranch, an historic ranching family has taken steps to forever protect their wild land. John Kohleffel has made it his mission to support his community in many different ways with a focus on teaching kids about the joys of the great outdoors
Bison Death Plunge
‘Amazing’ archeological discovery at Caprock Canyons reveals a place where Native Americans drove bison off a cliff. In 2021, Rick Day and his wife, Susan Day, had a particularly rowdy group of students in their science classes at Lockney Junior High School.
Duck Hunters: Protect the Lakes You Love
Invasive species like giant salvinia can grow quickly and cover expanses of fresh water, blocking access for hunters to prime waterfowl hunting areas. Stop the spread and protect the lakes you love by always taking time to clean, drain and dry your boat, trailer and gear when you travel from lake to lake.