We manage saltwater habitats to ensure sustainable populations of marine life.
- Conduct research to support marine life management goals.
- Conserve and restore coastal habitats including offshore artificial reefs.
- Ensure adequate freshwater inputs to the state's bays and estuaries to maintain healthy water and aquatic habitats.
- Operate saltwater hatcheries, monitoring and stocking programs to support recreational and commercial fishing.
Marine fisheries and hatchery biologists, research scientists, geneticists, ecologists, hydrologists, engineers, statisticians
Field technicians, mechanics, construction tradesmen, research assistants, equipment operators
- Geographic Information Specialists
Computer scientists, geographers, analysts
- Boat Captains
Airboats, bay boats, oceangoing vessels
Scientific divers, decompression divers, mixed-gas divers
- Education and Community Specialists
Outreach event coordinators, angler and boater education instructors, volunteer coordinators
Why We Love it Here
- Have Texas' beautiful bays, estuaries and Gulf waters as our office
- Conduct vital cutting-edge research on marine ecosystems
- Work with world-class scientists
- Be an important part of the nation's longest-running marine fisheries sampling program