Manage freshwater fish populations in reservoirs and rivers.
- Protect and restore aquatic habitats.
- Support aquatic management goals by conducting surveys, habitat assessments and fisheries research.
- Raise and stock fish for Texas waters.
- Enhance and provide fishing opportunities for civic groups and freshwater anglers.
Field biologists, hatchery biologists, geneticists, ecologists, researchers
Fishery, habitat, laboratory and systems maintenance technicians, boat and vehicle mechanics
- Data Analysts
Database managers, statisticians, trend analysts, Geographic Information Specialists
- Education and Outreach Specialists
Tour guides, angler and wetland educators, event coordinators, exhibit curators
- Support Staff
Budget managers, office managers, grant writers, customer service representatives
Why We Love it Here
- Spend time outdoors exploring the natural diversity of Texas
- Work with living things in natural settings
- Maintain healthy fisheries for present and future generations
- Work with internationally renowned experts in the field of inland fisheries management, research and conservation
- Care for aquatic creatures in 1,000 public reservoirs and 191,000 miles of rivers and streams