Veteran Hiring at TPWD
Here at TPWD, we recognize the value that veterans bring to the workforce and are dedicated to creating opportunities for those who have experience in the U.S. Armed Forces. We are honored to serve those who have sacrificed so much for us. TPWD strives to create a military friendly environment and welcomes veterans and their families!
Military Employment Preference can be given to veterans, a surviving spouse, orphan of a veteran who was killed while on active duty, spouse of a member of the US Armed Forces/Texas National Guard serving on active duty, or spouse of a veteran with a disability if the spouse is the primary income for the household. Please see our Military Employment Preference Survey for additional information.
To receive Military Employment Preference, you must attach the completed Military Employment Preference Survey and all required documents to the application. Required documents are listed on the Military Employment Preference Survey.
Texas Parks and Wildlife has designated a Military Liaison as mandated by the Texas State Statute Chapter 657 Sec. 657.0046.
To Contact the Military Liaison, email VetContact@tpwd.texas.gov or call 512-389-4545.
Why We Love it Here
- Teamwork, support, and flexibility on the job
- Collaborative environment with dedicated employees
- Training and educational benefits
- Opportunities to visit state parks and natural areas for work and leisure
Applying with Texas Parks and Wildlife
Introduction to CAPPS
A step-by-step guide to the application process.
- Military Employment Preference Survey | PDF
- Email us at email@example.com to ask about the Skillbridge Program.
- Check out the Veteran's Administration Career Planning and Guidance Program.
- Need help translating your military experience to the civilian workforce?
Veteran Hiring FAQs
Click on the questions below to see answers.