Frequently Asked Questions

Private Fishing Ponds

Will TPWD help me build a pond or lake on my property?

TPWD does not have any grant programs for pond construction on private land. Free literature on pond construction is available via our private lake management page or from the Inland Fisheries office at 1(800) 792-1112, ext. 4 or (512) 389-4444.

Advice on water-conserving habitat features may be part of an overall wildlife management plan. For details, read about our Private Lands and Habitat program.