Frequently Asked Questions

Private Fishing Ponds

My neighbor stocked his pond with a kind of carp that eats plants. How can I get some of these carp?

Since 1992, Texas has allowed stocking of triploid grass carp, a vegetarian fish native to Asia, with a permit from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. This biological control method can be very effective for certain types of plants. For more information on triploid grass carp and the permit application process, follow this link.