Frequently Asked Questions


As a landowner, do I have to purchase the hunting lease license or can that be the responsibility of the hunter who leased my property?

As stated in Question 4, a hunting lease license is required of the landowner or landowner's agent. Furthermore, the department may issue a hunting lease license only in the name of the owner of a hunting lease or the name of the landowner's agent. If the landowner designates a hunter as a landowner agent, then the hunter may purchase the hunting lease license.