Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

Who can I contact to trap coyotes and or nuisance fur-bearing animals (fox, raccoon, beaver) on private property?

For serious depredation problems in rural areas, the Texas Wildlife Damage Management Service, at (201) 472-5451 offers assistance through one of its several offices around the state. Private contractors are also available, especially in urban areas. Check the yellow pages of your local phone book. Coyotes and nuisance fur-bearing animals may be killed by any means at any time. Live-trapped nuisance fur-bearing animals may be transported and released into the wild, but only with a written authorization from the Wildlife Division of Texas Parks & Wildlife and the owner of the property where the release occurs. Be aware that raccoons, foxes, and coyotes cannot be transported due to rabies quarantine restrictions from the Texas Department of Health. Contact Zoonosis Control Division website for rabies quarantine information