Frequently Asked Questions


Can game wardens file on suspects for trespassing?

When requests are received from landowners or other parties for assistance in filing on persons found trespassing or taking wildlife resources without consent of the landowner or the landowner's agent, the investigating game warden will request the landowner or landowner's agent to complete and sign a Non-Consent Affidavit in the presence of the investigating game warden. The game warden will then submit the case to the prosecuting attorney, who will determine if the game warden or the landowner/agent must sign the complaint.