Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Hide Alert Show Alert

Stay up-to-date on operations adjustments and temporary closure of TPWD offices, state parks, recreation facilities and water access points due to COVID-19. Please follow guidance from local authorities, Governor Greg Abbott and the Texas Department of State Health Services.


Frequently Asked Questions

Resource Protection

How does one get a permit?

An application must be filed with the Department, including information on the size of the stream, the nature of the banks and the bed of the stream, the amount of material requested, the adjacent landowners, and the probable effects on the stream and its other users. A fee, ranging from $250 to $1200 must accompany the application. The Department evaluates the probable impacts of the activity, and grants a permit if no significant damage is anticipated. Payment is required for any material removed, in addition to the application fee. A hearing may be required before deciding whether to issue the permit.