- New Chronic Wasting Disease Surveillance, Containment Zones Proposed in Five Counties
- TPWD Launches Search for New Executive Director
- New Greater Roadrunner Conservation License Plate Available for Texas Drivers
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
Grassland Restoration, Team for Conservation & Catching Carp
The Grassland Restoration Incentive Program helps landowners improve grassland habitat for better wildlife, water and soil health. A team helps hunting and fishing license sales fund conservation. Anglers travel from Europe to Texas to catch huge common carp and smallmouth buffalo.
No matter what inspires you, we've got a paddling trail to take you there. To see how far Texas' paddling trails have come, I decided to go back to where they all began, Luling's Zedler Mill Paddling Trail on the San Marcos River. In 2006, Luling's became the first inland paddling trail. Today, Texas has 80 paddling trails across the state.
Federal Red Snapper Season is Open
New federal regulations are now in effect as of January 2022. The DESCEND Act requires all commercial and recreational anglers to possess a venting tool or a rigged descending device on their boat while fishing for reef fish in the Gulf of Mexico. Research shows that properly releasing reef fish reduces mortality for reef fish species like red snapper.